The New York State Historical Association and The Farmers’ Museum have an opening for an Accounting Manager. This is a working manager position and is responsible for management and oversight of the accounting department in a busy and complex environment. The Accounting Manager provides support to management by delivering timely and accurate financial reports, providing financial analysis, preparing and monitoring the annual budgets and coordinating the annual audit.
Job responsibilities include:
• Manage staff and oversee all accounting department functions
• Hire, train, coach and evaluate accounting department personnel
• Monitor staff workloads; make adjustments when necessary
• Coordinate and prepare the annual budgets
• Coordinate the annual audit
• Provide managers with routine and ad hoc reports
• Assist Development Department staff with preparing and filing grant applications
• Create annual depreciation reports
• Oversee and approve sales tax filings
• Complete annual reports and filings for the organizations
• Attend Finance Committee meetings
• Provide backup to other areas when necessary
• Other duties as needed or assigned
BS in Accounting with a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting department, oversight/management, including experience managing staff; CPA preferred. Non-profit accounting background with fund accounting experience is preferred. Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and experience with accounting software packages is required; experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software is preferred. This is a working manager position in a complex organization. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and customer service skills; be able to work equally well with management and staff; and operate in a professional and collegial manner.
This position offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
To apply, provide send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Human Resources, NYSHA, PO Box 800, Cooperstown NY 13326 or email to email@example.com. EOE