Step Back in Time Weekend — Quilts
Saturday and Sunday, September 19-20 from 10 am–5 pm
Experience quilting across the ages! During Quilting Weekend, you’ll appreciate how thrift joined with creativity to produce a piece of history. See a quilt exhibit and demonstrations, or get hands-on and try a bit of quilting yourself!
- Demonstrations: Quilting Demonstrations by members of local quilt clubs—on-going both days in the buildings in the historic village, schoolhouse, Dimmock, More House, Bump Tavern, Lippitt.
- Fenimore Quilt Club, Cooperstown , NY— Primary activity will be quilting their raffle quilt for their February show in Cooperstown.
- Susquehanna Valley Quilters—Gilbertville/Oneonta area Quilters, Members of this quilting club will be demonstrating—machine piecing, quilts from clothes, table runners, doll quilts, hand applique techniques, quilts pieced from feed sack fabric, hand-dyed printed fabric applique, comfort quilts…
- The Farmers Museum—demonstrating scrap quilting using reproduction fabrics from the mid-19th century.
- Mary Wilbur Wirchansky, Schenevus, NY—nationally known for her portrait quilts will be exhibiting.
- Visitors can try their hand at quilting on the “Log Cabin” Quilt in the Lippitt Parlor.
During Quilting Weekend, life in 1845 continues throughout the museum’s historic village and farmstead. Don’t miss the Empire State Carousel, the museum you can ride.
Admission to all Step Back in Time weekends is included with regular museum admission. Members of the New York State Historical Association enjoy free admission. Join today!