MUSEUM STORE SUNDAY
Sunday, November 26 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Visit Fenimore Art Museum’s and The Farmers’ Museum’s gift shops on Sunday, November 26, as they participate with other cultural institutions around the globe in Museum Store Sunday. This special day allows the public to show their support for the missions and programs of each participating museum–which includes over 500 museum stores in the United States and countries around the world. Museum Store Sunday offers a special shopping experience, showcasing broad assortments of highly curated, unique, mission-specific gifts such as books, jewelry, toys, home accessories, and gourmet foods.
At Fenimore, join radio personality Chuck D’Imperio for a book signing (11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) with his new book, Upstate Uncovered, featuring a chapter on Fenimore’s Haida Totem Pole. At The Farmers’ Museum, find former Vice President of the New York City Audubon Society, Leslie T. Sharpe, signing her new book The Quarry Fox and Other Critters of the Wild Catskills (11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
Shoppers will find great gifts, holiday savings, and giveaways throughout both stores.
- The first 15 purchases of $20 or more will receive a free Museum Store Sunday tote bag with surprise gifts inside, including the 2017 Heritage Magazine. One tote bag at each museum will have a $10 gift certificate valid for one year.
- After visiting the Dick Button Collection, purchase Dorothy Hamill’s memoir, A Skating Life, and then receive 50% off Dick Button’s memoir, Push Dick’s Button. (Fenimore)
- To get you in the mood for the winter season, all ice skating books will be discounted 40%. (Fenimore)
- Buy three packs of heirloom seeds, get one pack free. (The Farmers' Museum)
- Every purchase of our new Thaw Collection book will include a 50% off discount on any of our authentic dreamcatchers. (Fenimore)
- Find select jewelry offered at 50% off, including the beautiful, handcrafted silver bell necklaces.
- Treat yourself to a glass of wine in the Fenimore Cafe and you’ll receive a free Fenimore wine glass. (Fenimore)
More about Museum Store Sunday
Museum Store Sunday is managed by the Museum Store Association based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, in partnership with the United Kingdom’s Association for Cultural Enterprises, and the Museum Shops Association of Australia and New Zealand. Participation in Museum Store Sunday is open to all independently operated museum stores and non-profit retailers located at museums, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, historic sites, and other unique cultural institutions in the United States and internationally.