Dr. Thrall's Pharmacy
Origin: Hartwick, Otsego County, NY
Original owner: Thrall, Freeborn G.
Info: Dr. Thrall's Pharmacy is a symmetrical Greek Revival brick structure with three bays. The building originally served as an office for Dr. Freeborn Garrison Thrall. The adjacent garden provides medicinal plants for the Village Crossroads.
Provenance: The Farmers' Museum acquired the building from Mrs. Grace Brownell Beach in 1951.
*Mary P. Brownell received the land in 1902 from her father Leonard Proctor's will.
*Leonard Proctor bought the property from F. H. Bissell, Amos Maples, Chester Smith, C. L. Harrington and James Newton on October 26, 1850 for $1600.
*F. H. Bissell, Amos Maples, Chester Smith, C. L. Harrington and James Newton bought the property from F. G. Thrall on January 29, 1849 for $2305.
*Freeman G. Thrall bought the property from the sheriff as the result of the suit of William Temple vs. Alfred Bergen et al. in the Supreme Court of Equity. He purchased it on October 2, 1848 for $2400.
*Alfred Bergen bought the property from William D. Olendorf on November 24, 1845 for $3450 - W. D. Olendorf and F. G. Thrall were holding the mortgage.
*William D. Olendorf bought the property from Freeborn G. Thrall on September 13, 1845 for $3000.
*Freeborn G. Thrall bought the property as well as other adjoining property from Paris Pray on July 9, 1833. Thrall sold the adjoining properties off between 1840 and 1845.