Saturday–Sunday, September 13–14 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm
Join us for this ultimate celebration of autumn! Harvest Festival is a regional favorite. Enjoy great food, music, animals, and activities your family will love. Detailed schedule (coming soon!).
- The event will feature live performances and family activities such as crafts, demonstrations, story time, and contests.
- Marvel at demonstrations of dog obedience and agility.
- Meet therapy dogs.
- Watch a parade of champion animals from the museum’s annual Junior Livestock Show.
- See cuddly alpacas and watch their agility in an obstacle course. An entire tent is home to these domesticated animals raised for their fiber.
- Take a horse-drawn wagon ride
Many artisans demonstrate their skills. Complete artisan and vendor list. (coming soon!)
- Spinning and fiber art demonstrations.
Harvest time means farm and food:
- Help with harvesting potatoes and hand-scything hay.
- Apple cider pressing demonstrations.
- Savor an abundance of delicious foods from the season’s harvest.
- Relish the taste of pulled pork, chili, hot dogs, and salads.
Children will especially enjoy:
- Rides on the Empire State Carousel, the museum you can ride (sponsored by Matt Sohns and family)
- Agricultural activities such as corn shelling and grinding, and grain flailing and winnowing
- Historic games and races
- Rope making
- Apple bobbing
- Craft activities for the entire family
- Nineteenth-century games in the one-room schoolhouse
Admission to Harvest Festival is included with paid museum admission: $12 adults (13+), $10.50 seniors (65+), $6 children (7-12). Children age 6 and younger are free, as well as members of the New York State Historical Association. Join today!
Sponsored by Key Bank, Organic Valley, and Matt Sohns and family. This event is made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.