The Farmers’ Museum ended 2013 with a 2% increase in attendance as compared to 2012. Our Special Events were successfully revamped, with Harvest Festival and Candlelight Evening retooled for families by a team of staff. Step Back in Time weekends and other specialized programs played a large role in driving attendance and I am pleased to say that these programs will be offered again this year.
Beginning April 1, when we open for the season, you will be able to visit the historic village, the Empire State Carousel, and the Main Barn exhibit – The Pickup Truck: America’s Driving Force. You may also participate in special programs offered during the year such as:
Step Back in Time Weekends
- July 12-13 - Herbal Remedies
- August 2-3 - Farmland to Table
- August 16-17 - Civil War Life
- August 23-24 - Band Organ Rally
- September 20-21 - Quilts and Quilting
April 12: Making Herbal Remedies, Open Hearth Cooking, Letterpress Printing, and Crafting a Bandbox.
November 15: Creating Food Essences and Fragrant Waters, Baking, Printing Holiday Cards, and Crafting a Bandbox.
- June 8 18th Annual Horse Show
- July 6-8 Jr. Livestock Show
- July 18 Annual Benefit Gala
- September 13-14 Harvest Festival
- October 11-12 Tractor Fest
- December 13 Candlelight Evening
Do make it a point to visit Cooperstown this year. You will not want to miss out on all that we have planned at The Farmers’ Museum, as well as, the Fenimore Art Museum.