Experience the magic of Candlelight Evening!
Saturday, December 13, 2014 • 3:00–7:00 pm
Join us for one of the region’s best-loved holiday traditions, Candlelight Evening. The landscape of the museum takes on a magical appearance, decorated in greenery and illuminated by hundreds of candles.
- Ride through the museum’s grounds in wagons pulled by draft horses adorned with "jingle bells."
- Children take part in holiday arts and crafts activities.
- Visit with Saint Nicholas.
- Ride the Empire State Carousel; free rides courtesy of Matt Sohns and family.
- Complimentary wassail, warmed in kettles over open fires.
- Bonfire on the Tavern Green
- Warm up with something hot from our delicious food and drink offerings at the Crossroads Café and L.C. Jones Center.
Music and live performances:
- Join in caroling in our candle-lit historic buildings: magical!
- “A Living Nativity” presented by members of the congregation of Christ Episcopal Church.
- Holiday favorites played by local school bands.
- Traditional holiday favorites sung by the Catskill Chamber Singers.
A visit to the Museum this holiday season is not complete without a stop at The Farmers’ Museum Store and Todd’s General Store, where a large selection of handcrafted items from the museum are available as well as other seasonal favorites.
Candlelight Evening visitors should dress warmly and wear boots.
- Free shuttle service starts at 2:30 pm, serving the parking lots at the Otesaga, Cooperstown Elementary School, and the three trolley lots at the perimeter of the village.
- Please re-visit this page for updated parking and shuttle information. Or call (607) 547-1450.
Admission: $12.00 adults, $10.50 visitors age 65 and over, $6.00 children age 7–12. Free for children 6 and younger. Free for members of the New York State Historical Association. Join today!
Candlelight Evening is sponsored in part by NBT Bank, the Golub Foundation, Cathedral Candle Co., Haggerty Ace Hardware, and Matt Sohns and family. Candlelight Evening is also made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.