Step Back in Time Weekend — Band Organ Rally
August 23–24, 2014, from 10am–5pm
Can’t get enough of the happiest music on Earth? Then come to the Band Organ Rally (Carousel Organ Association of America Rally). The rally features a dozen large band organs. You will hear the sounds of an entire band played mechanically by organs made by Gavioli, Ruth & Sohn, Stinson, and Wurlitzer. Members of the Carousel Organ Association of America will bring these remarkable machines from all over the eastern United States.
You will also hear many strolling hand-cranked grinder organs throughout the museum's historic village. Holding its own, the Mighty, Majestic, Military Band Organ of the Empire State, which makes its home at the museum, will give regular concerts in the Carousel Pavilion.
Do you want to make mechanical music at the rally? Use this form to register. Or contact Mary Kuhn at (607) 547-1423.
Plus all the delightful activities that happen every day at The Farmers’ Museum:
- Take a spin on the Empire State Carousel.
- Print a poster on the Liberty Press.
- Build your own toolbox.
- Watch how medicines were made in the 1840s.
- See flax fiber transformed into yarn.
- Experience life on a farm.
- See rope being made.
- Feed the baby animals in Children's Barnyard.
- Watch the farmer milk a cow.
- And all the activities in the Historic Buildings, all too numerous to mention!
- Crossroads Cafe: Fresh homemade soups and chili, cold and hot drinks, fresh baked goods and ice cream (located next to Bump Tavern in the Historic Village)
- The Farmers' Museum Store: merchandise based on the history and culture of New York State and rural America. Handcrafted items produced by our highly skilled staff and local artisans are featured. A section containing toys, games, books and crafts will please children of all ages! (located in the Herders Cottage)