The New York State Historical Association and The Farmers’ Museum seek a professional, detail-oriented, and highly motivated new member of the Visitor Services team. The assistant filling this position will work closely with the Visitor Services and Retail manager, and Visitor Services staff to ensure visitors continue to have the high-quality experience they’ve come to expect from our prestigious museums.
The position is full-time and year round.
· Accurate recording of attendance records.
· Establish efficiencies for attendance record gathering and reporting.
· Set up school groups and adult groups in POS.
· Handle the admissions of school groups.
· Manage on-line store – adding and deleting merchandise, pictures, etc.
· Provide necessary information for Admissions kiosks regarding upcoming activities, etc.
· Create product information books for shops.
· Print Visitor Guides as needed.
· Work in shops/admissions areas as needed.
· Troubleshoot for visitor services staff.
· Lunch relief as needed.
· Assist Visitor Services staff as needed.
Required Qualifications include:
· Must have excellent computer skills; including, but not limited to, a working knowledge of Excel.
· Experience with retail point-of-sale systems preferred.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism and conduct oneself in a manner which shall, at all times, enhance the prestige and credibility of the organizations
· Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy serving a diverse visitor base.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.