Saturday–Sunday, September 16–17 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm
Join the ultimate celebration of autumn! Harvest Festival is a regional favorite, bringing together a wide range of performers, artisans, and exhibitors. Enjoy great food, music, animals, and activities your family will love.
Check back soon for the 2017 schedule!
- The event will feature live performances and family activities such as crafts and demonstrations.
- Watch a parade of champion animals from the museum's annual Junior Livestock Show.
- Rides on the Empire State Carousel, the museum you can ride (sponsored by Matt Sohns and family)
- Take a horse-drawn wagon ride
- Spinning and fiber art
- Lace making
- China painting
- Doll painting
- Rope making
- 19th Century music played by Jim Kimball and Dick Bolt (Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 - 11:30 am)
- Box and Cox (Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 pm)
- Iona Dance Troupe (Saturday from 1:30 - 2:30pm)
- Gravelyard (Saturday from 3:30 - 5:00pm)
- Children's craft activities and outdoor games (Saturday and Sunday)
- The O'Donnell-Kelly School of Irish Dance (Sunday from 1:30 - 2:30 pm)
- Rusty Doves (Sunday from 3:30 - 5:00 pm)
Farm and Food
- Help with harvesting potatoes and hand-scything hay.
- Savor an abundance of delicious foods from the season's harvest.
- Relish the taste of pulled pork, chili, hot dogs, and salads.
- Huff Ice Cream will be on the grounds with your favorite flavors.
- Homemade pies and fresh baked goods.
- Roasted corn
Activities for Kids
- Dickens the Clown will delight children and the young at heart throughout the museum grounds.
- Agricultural activities such as corn shelling and grinding, and grain flailing and winnowing
- Story Time in the schoolhouse.
- Games: giant pick up sticks, pumpkin rolling, beanbag toss, etc...
- Face painting
- Craft activities for the entire family
- Children's Barnyard filled with rabbits, goats, and donkeys.
Bonnie Breed – Lace Maker
Huff Ice Cream
Salt & Stone Pottery
Kate’s Kreations ( Handmade cloth purses, wallets, etc.)
Walt Fleming (Saturday only)
Red Pine Pottery
Springfield Presbyterian Church (Pies and soup)
Otsego County Maple Producers Assoc., Inc.
Pomona Grange (Baked goods - Saturday only)
Butternut Valley Grange (Baked goods - Sunday only)
Catherine & Megan Alley (China Painting)
Admission to Harvest Festival is included with paid museum admission: $12 adults (13-64), $10.50 seniors (65+), $6 children (7-12). Children age 6 and younger are free, as well as Museum Members. Discounted 2-day passes available on Saturday: $18 adults (13+) and $9 children (7-12).
Free carousel rides sponsored in part by Matt Sohns and family. This event is made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.