Saturday–Sunday, September 12–13 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm
Purchase tickets online - including our 2-Day Festival Pass which offers a discounted rate and free admission to Fenimore Art Museum!
Join the ultimate celebration of autumn! Harvest Festival is a regional favorite, bringing together a wide range of performers, artisans, and exhibitors. Enjoy great food, music, animals, and activities your family will love.
- The event will feature live performances and family activities such as crafts and demonstrations.
- Watch a parade of champion animals from the museum's annual Junior Livestock Show.
- Rides on the Empire State Carousel, the museum you can ride (sponsored by Matt Sohns and family)
- Take a horse-drawn wagon ride
- Performances by the Blue Ribbon Cloggers (Saturday at 1:00pm and 3:30pm)
- Performances by O'Donnell-Kelly School of Irish Dance (Sunday at 11:00am)
- Southern Tier Alpacas
- Caricature artist
- Spinning and fiber art
- Lace making
- China painting
- Doll painting
- Rope making
Live Musical Performances (Festival Stage)
- Mary Doherty Duo (Saturday from 11:00am - 12:00pm)
- Gravelyard (Saturday from 2:00 - 3:30pm)
- Rusty Doves (Sunday from 1:00 - 2:30pm)
- Hop City Hellcats (Sunday from 3:30 - 5:00pm)
- 19th Century music played by Jim Kimball and Glenn McClure (Bump Tavern porch each day)
Farm and Food
- Help with harvesting potatoes and hand-scything hay.
- Experience heirloom seed demonstrations and tastings with Landreth Seed Company.
- Savor an abundance of delicious foods from the season's harvest.
- Relish the taste of pulled pork, chili, hot dogs, and salads.
- Huff Ice Cream will be on the grounds with your favorite flavors.
- Homemade pies and fresh baked goods.
- Roasted corn
Activities for Kids
- Dickens the Clown will delight children and the young at heart throughout the museum grounds.
- Agricultural activities such as corn shelling and grinding, and grain flailing and winnowing
- Story Time in the schoolhouse.
- Games: giant pick up sticks, pumpkin rolling, beanbag toss, etc...
- Face painting
- Creating a mural in the festival tent.
- Craft activities for the entire family
- Children's Barnyard filled with rabbits, goats, and donkeys.
- Soap makers
- Cooperstown Farmers' Market
- Dulcimer and ukulele maker
- Triskele Rhythm Bones
- Canoe maker
- Handmade jewelry
- American Mountain Man
Purchase tickets online - Admission to Harvest Festival is included with paid museum admission: $12 adults (13+), $10.50 seniors (65+), $6 children (7-12). Children age 6 and younger are free, as well as members of the New York State Historical Association. Join today!
Sponsored in part by Matt Sohns and family. This event is made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.